Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gaffe of the day: I have a much higher IQ than you!

September 1987 Claremont, CA
A very different looking but the same talking Biden on the stump for his first presidential bid. Which ended several days later because of plagiarism.

Video courtesy of 9195340
Unfortunately we don't get to hear the question but Biden's answer says it all. He's pointing at a man: "I think I probably have a much higher IQ than you do - I suspect. I went to law school on a full academic scholarship, the only one, the only one in my class to have a full scholarship."

In college he was 506/688 so where did the full academic scholarship come from? Law school scholarships for Dummies? He graduated law school 76/85.

I found this interesting quote on wiki: "The accident left Biden filled with both anger and religious doubt: "I liked to [walk around seedy neighborhoods] at night when I thought there was a better chance of finding a fight ... I had not known I was capable of such rage ... I felt God had played a horrible trick on me."

And: "According to political analyst Mark Halperin, he has also shown "a persistent tendency to say silly, offensive, and off-putting things"

His words written and spoken have gotten him in trouble. Plagiarism and verbal gaffes. Why stop now? Obama chose him over Sen Clinton and each time Biden does these things it makes that decision look exactly what it was: hate of Hillary and the need to be the smartest on the ticket.

No comments: