Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Quote of the day: "It shows they love me."

8-30-2008
Dublin, Ohio Speech

Header at the bottom of MSNBC as Biden is speaking. "As president, Barack Obama will make your lives his life." As if. Another header. "If McCain thinks we're on the right track then that's not a train I want to be on."

Biden: "I watched the guy tap into the age old American belief that many people have forgotten and that is: you don't have to accept a situation you cannot bear - you can change it. You can change it. And change is exactly what Barack Obama and I will do as president and VP of the United States."

And the crowd starts cheering "Yes, we can! Yes we can! Yes we can!"

Biden looks unfazed not knowing when the chanting is going to stop so he can get done. Then he looks over at Obama and says: " I think I should let you go and not do the rest of this. Don't you think?"

Obama, smiling and clapping and soaking in the adoration like the messiah he (thinks he) is, nods. "Ok. That's fine."

Robotic chanting continues.

Biden: "Ladies and gentlemen--"

Obama leans over: "It's always good when there's chanting - IT SHOWS THEY LOVE ME."

Yes. No joke. Right out of the Messiah's own lips - live on camera and on tape. I knew he was an egomaniac - but that's insane. I guess that's what he was thinking all along but never had anyone on stage with him. He had to make sure Biden knew the chanting wasn't for him.

Biden to Obama: "That's right. That's right." Like he's heard it before or it wasn't worth listening to or he decided he needed a little loving too. He smiles and then looks down at his speech and says to the crowd: "You can!"

More robotic chanting and waving of signs.

Obama looks on clapping and smiling.

But for Biden, time's a wasting. "One thing I want to mention to you. I want to get straight something here..." Putting up his arms like a priest giving a homily to shut up the crowd as Obama looks on smiling. "I supposedly, you know, I supposedly know something about foreign policy. I love these guys who all of a sudden call me this big expert..." And then launches into the rest of the speech.

Barry looks down pissed off. It's another four minutes before Biden cedes the microphone. Absolutely hysterical. I really love Biden. I don't know how much cerebral work is needed in the vice-presidency, but I wouldn't want to sit down at a table with him and try to negotiate.

Obama taps the mic and then launches into whatever he pretends to say while his mind is saying, they love me, they love me, they love me....
(2:00)
MSNBC article

No comments: