Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pennies from...a wheelbarrow

December 4, 2008

Have to give a shout out to Ms Maggie Gebbett, 63, of Chislehurst, England for sticking it to the Parking Council, which is responsible for collecting parking fees. Gebbett said her parking pass fell off her windshield due to the heat. They wouldn't listen and threatened to raise the fine if she didn't pay up. She obliged - with $160 in pennies - though UPI didn't specify where she got them from or if she routinely pays her bills with pennies.
GEBBETT: I just think they have been extremely shabby about everything that has gone on. I have been told I can't have my case reviewed if I pay, but I am going to try and insist on a review. I have written a letter to say I'm making the payment under protest.
I think rolling in a wheelbarrow of pennies is a pretty clear sign of protest, don't you?

No comments: