Thursday, December 4, 2008

Quote of the year: "Oh, no, I won’t be punked."

December 4, 2008

Yesterday barry was hung up on by a non-obamerized. Blasphemy! He called Rep Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (FL-R) to congratulate her on her reelection and she hung up thinking it was a radio station prank. Smart lady.

Channel 10 Miami & Channel 12:

ROS-LEHTINEN: Boy, you're a much better impersonator than that guy on "Saturday Night Live,"' and he's laughing and he's thinking I'm kidding."

BARRY: How can I prove it to you?

He couldn't. Then first lieutenant Rahm Emanuel (who she knows) called.

EMANUEL: You know, you just hung up on the next president of the United States.

ROS-LEHTINEN: I said I really do appreciate it. I love these pranks more than anybody and I'm honored that you would prank me, but I'm gonna hang up.

She did. Call #3 was from Howard Berman, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs, who she made repeat an inside joke to prove his identity.

ROS-LEHTINEN to Berman: I know this sounds very presumptuous, but please tell President-elect Obama that Ileana is ready to receive his call now.

Priceless! And when he did she asked if he had run out of people to call. In other words - what do you want? Advice on Cuba?

BARRY: Look, when my ego gets too big, Michelle is going to remind me often that the congresswoman from South Florida hung up on me not once - but twice.

How much bigger does it have to get to be too big?

BARRY: Believe me, I will never forget you know now. Everybody around me is laughing. I've called a lot of people - nobody's hung up once. And certainly no one has hung up on me twice.

Bet a lot of those people around him have been waiting a very long to laugh at him to his face. And then came the predictable irrational obamessiah outrage - angry constituents called to accuse her of hanging up on him on purpose. Wonder why they thought that. And what if she had? She is a Republican and clearly not under his spell.

Recorded radio call courtesy of Politicalglotz
"Elvis Duran and the Morning Show Phone Tap"

No comments: