Friday, January 30, 2009

barry's sports pandering part 2

January 30, 2009

First the World Series now the Super Bowl. Does he really have any thoughts outside political expedience? Does he care about anything other than furthering himself? He's a soxfan only because Mayor Daley is.

BARRY: I wish the best to the Cardinals – they’ve been long-suffering. It’s a great Cinderella story. But, uh, other than the Bears, the Steelers are probably the team that’s closest to my heart.

Anyone could have made his pick. He lost Pennsylvania big time and he’s gonna need those gun a’totin’, Bible a’quotin’ bitter bowling alley babes with enmity toward those not like them to vote for him in 2012. If he were truly interested in bipartisanship he would have picked John McCain’s home team.

BIDEN: I’m having a Super Bowl party at my house and some of our Republican and Democratic friends - but I want to make clear – I am rooting for the Steelers.

The curious part is who would Biden have picked – the Steelers or the Eagles? Pirates or Phillies? Penguins or Flyers?


No comments: