Friday, January 2, 2009

blago blitzkrieg: "I have nothing to fear but the truth."

January 2, 2009

A blitz attack on blago in July 2008 about whether he is under investigation among other things. Not sure if he realizes what he said. Mentions barry and talks about his pocket enforcer Rahm Emanuel.

drxblog

REPORTER (0:38): Are you a target of investigation?

BLAGO: That's absurd. it's a ridiculous. It's an absurd question.

REPORTER (0:45): You promised to come back and talk about Tony Rezko.

BLAGO: No - you guys sandbagged me.

BLAGO (0:55): Let me tell you something - I know the truth of things. And I have nothing to fear but the truth.

If you're asking me about those bank robbers, and if they were making contributions to my account, (laughs) as I said, you know, we'll give the money to charity...like barry does.

What?? Bankrobbers? Creative way to raise campaign funds....even for Chicago. I have to check this out.

More questions about investigation. And then he rants at Micheal Madigan (they hate each other as does Madigan's daughter Lisa who has made no effort to conceal it.)

BLAGO: I'm not a target of any of those cases - you know that. I'm not gonna get into that.

REPORTER: Your name's come up.

BLAGO (1:48): Senator Obama's name and a lot of other political figures

REPORTER (2:00): What's it like to be under such pressure? What's life like for you.

BLAGO: Life's good...mentions his accomplishments.

I feel great. I know what the truth is and we do things right and I'm not worried about anything.

It's aways we do things right - not we didn't do anything wrong. Political to the end. Then he talks about reporters and sensationalized reporting.

It's difficult to answer questions when people are not honest.

Then they talk about getting the bill passed to create more jobs and the pressure on folks and the worry they'll lose their city jobs.

(6:50) I even called Congressman Rahm Emanuel and asked him to call a couple of those Chicago Democratic Reps, who have a city job in addition to their state Rep jobs, and tell them no one's going to fire them from their city job if they vote for to create 600,000 jobs.

That's sound like a pretty chummy relationship. And it goes along with "Rahmbo" getting things done. Why he's chief of staff. To be that go between so barry's hands never get dirty. Wonder what perks or cash has gone Emanuel's family way?

No comments: