Thursday, January 29, 2009

Indonesian barry doppelganger?

January 25, 2009

Here's another barry look-a-like. Ilham Anas, 34, is a photographer from West Java, Indonesia. Reggie Brown is from Chicago and is a little too young and innocent looking. Difference - the eyebrows and square forehead.

Barack Obama lookalike Ilham Anas

(ILHAM ANAS/Reuters)

From Adelaide News:

ANAS: I'm actually a shy person. I don't like being put in the spotlight. But I see my resemblance to Obama as a blessing. I used to look at the mirror and I had a negative perception of myself. I will take all the opportunities that come my way, as long as they don't violate ethical codes and my personal values.

So far that has included:

An appearance on Indonesia's premier talk show Bukan Empat Mata (Not Four Eyes) to coincide with Obama's inauguration in Washington.

A Filipino drug company has cast Mr Anas in a commercial showing him dressed as Obama visiting the Philippines.

And he has received marketing offers from Indonesian and South Korean companies.

When asked if he would like to be a body double for barry, he replied: "I don't want to get shot".


No comments: