Friday, February 27, 2009

Octuplets: Grandmother on The Early Show (Part 3)

February 18, 2009

Part 3

Maggie Rodriguez talks with the grandmother of the octuplets, Angela Suleman about the sperm donor and Angelina Jolie.

MAGGIE RODRIGUEZ: Tell me about the sperm donor. How did she meet him?

ANGELA SULEMAN: They were just friends. And she’s a very persuasive, well-spoken young woman. And somehow she must have talked him into it.

RODRIGUEZ: Has she been in contact with him since the babies were born?

ANGELA: I’m sure she may have spoken with him.

RODRIGUEZ:Is he part of the children’s lives - the six children?

ANGELA: Not at this point.

RODRIGUEZ: Would you like him to be?

ANGELA: I would like him to be. Yes. Every child needs a father. But my daughter wanted to raise these children by herself. So that, I think, is a kind of a little selfish act. I don’t know why she would not have a father, the father of these children in her life. I don’t.

RODRIGUEZ: Do you think he was paid for the sperm?

ANGELA: I don’t know. She’s so persuasive. I doubt that she had to pay (she laughed) for anything really. She’s a very convincing person.

RODRIGUEZ: She’s been compared to Angelina Jolie. Did Nadya ever say that she admired Jolie or wanted to be like her?

ANGELA: No. She never mentions celebrities. She’s really not into that kind of thing. People think that she, you know, admires her. But, I don’t think so.

RODRIGUEZ: People say that she even had plastic surgery to look like her.

ANGELA: No. No, I don’t think she ever did. She gained 130 pounds. So that makes a difference in the facial features, in her wherever, you know, when you gain 130 pounds, goodness, I’d hate (she laughed) this to happen to me. I probably would change a lot, too.

Is she saying she doesn’t think her daughter had any type of plastic surgery?

RODRIGUEZ: What would you like to see happen to your daughter?

ANGELA: I would like to her somehow get enough money [giggles] to get a house for these babies, but you know, she starts working, she won’t be able to take care of them because then it’s up to me and I would like start living a little too. [giggles]

RODRIGUEZ: Do you see yourself as sort of a victim of something?

ANGELA: No. I’m not a victim because I can just get up and go. And I think I’m gonna do this very soon. I’m gonna go visit my sister in Europe and my friends and just live it up a little.

RODRIGUEZ: Do you think these kids are victims?

ANGELA: Not really. You know, they are really very happy children. They’re very happy. They love their grandma and their mommy. And, you know, I think love is the main thing here. When they know they’re loved, things will work out. They’ll be normal.

14 children need more than love - they need attention. And the healthy children will get no attention other than can you be a good boy/girl and help mommy with…

***

(1-30) Octuplets: Ethics of fertility treatment?
(1-30) Octuplets: What is really going on?
(2-9) Octuplets: Should not go home with that woman
(2-9) Octuplets: Octuplets: already filthy house unfit for children (pix)
(2-23) Octuplets: Mother vs grandmother caught on tape
(2-24) Octuplets: Cosmetic surgery, IVF, food stamps, disability, bankruptcy & foreclosure
(2-24) Octuplets: Mother before/after plastic surgery & Angelina Jolie (pix)
(2-25) Octuplets: Grandfather on Oprah daughter “not mentally complete”
(2-25) Octuplets: Hospital questioning her ability to care for children
(2-26) Octuplets: Video of inside the home
(2-26) Octuplets: Body language mother vs grandmother video (Part 1)
(2-26) Octuplets: Body language mother vs grandmother video (Part 2)
(2-27) Octuplets: Man claiming to be sperm donor
(2-27) Octuplets: Grandmother on The Early Show (Part 1)
(2-27) Octuplets: Grandmother on The Early Show (Part 2)
(2-27) Octuplets: Grandmother on The Early Show (Part 3)
(2-27) Octuplets: Grandmother’s first interview (Feb 9th)

No comments: