Thursday, April 30, 2009

No warning of swine flu before trip to Mexico

April 30, 2009

Since the archaeologist Felipe Solis Olguin, director of the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City - the epicenter of the pandemic - died, questions were raised that were quickly downplayed. Was barry exposed, did he get sick, was the WH forewarned, did the Secret Service do their job, was it intended to make sick the president? Thing is by the time the man died it was well past the 3-day incubation stage.

Here's Gibbs on Monday (4-27)

Q Following up from yesterday's briefing here, sort of what did you know and when did you know it -- the first case in Mexico was apparently either reported, or the first death was -- I'm not sure -- April 12th. The President was there about five days later. Did our team learn of this during the advance or in the course of the visit?

MR. GIBBS: I'm not aware that we learned until I think earlier last week. That's what I -- that's what I've been told and I will double-check on that.

Q So there was no warning or caution given --

MR. GIBBS: Not prior to the trip, no.

For a WH press Secretary he sure doesn't know a whole lot. I'm not aware, I don't know, let me check on that, I'll get back to you. Like master like minion.

POTUS exposed to swine flu? (Felipe Solis story links)
GIBBS (4-27): No warning before Mexico trip
Energy security detail contracted flu in Mexico
White House (4-27) Mexican Embassy spokesman Ricardo Alday re: Felipe Solis


No comments: