Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Octuplets: Nadya jokes about being a “biter”

April 29, 2009

I find it interesting that the more Nadya talks about her children, the more she reveals her own mental health issues. Here she says she was a “biter” and mentions that her children do also. Biting in children past the age when they can communicate verbally is usually a sign of anger overload. Very good article about it by David Gottlieb, Ph.D., “Anger Overload in Children: Diagnostic and Treatment Issues“.

Issues that would have been sorted out for the six older children had Nadya accepted Angels in Waiting offer and gone to Arrowhead. In 6 months, the tantrums, kicking, biting and hitting might have been addressed and perhaps even gotten under control.

What happens when 8 octuplets are added to an already volatile situation?

Radaronline gives no-so-subtle hints as to what goes on in the house. They have to cover themselves as “eye-witnesses”. Make sure to listen to the very end of the video.

April 23rd

RADARONLINE: What were you like as a kid?

NADYA: I wasn’t a very nice one. I was a biter. Now I have one biter - right there. [She points the the oldest who closes his mouth.] He bit so much when he was little we’d like have to quit pre-schools.

Matter-of-fact with no concern that an almost 8 y/o still bites with 8 new bite-sized octuplets in the house. And she says the following with her kids standing right there listening.

NADYA: When I was little, my mom and dad paid at least 12 doctors’ bills because I would lunge on top of babies and not only bite them - I would bite them until they bled. I don’t know why.

RADARONLINE: Until you were…

NADYA: …until they bled. Oh, just until I was three and then I kinda-I kinda mellowed out a bit. I remember they were like juicy and I just wanted to bite their cheeks. I remember there was a nurse who said to my mom ‘Get that monster out of the doctor’s office!’.

She talks about the photos she found of herself as a kid and remarks on how she looks like Aiden at that age. Then, off camera:

NO! You cannot hit your mother!

Sounds just as scary as the grandmother screaming just after #3 &4 came home, which caused Nadya and the kids to flee the house.

(4-29) Updated list of octuplet posts
(4-27) Nadya discusses her son’s autism
(4-29) Nadya visited by Social Services
(4-1) #3 & 4 home, enraged grandmother - Nadya, older kids flee
(4-19) What is in a tantrum?

No comments: