Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Susan Boyle: Daily Record interview

April 17, 2009

Just noticed this disappeared when I was checking links. Don’t know what happened.

Britain’s Got Talent sensation’s interview with The Daily Record’s LAURA COVENTRY:

Susan has lived alone with her cat Pebbles since her mum Bridget died two years ago at the age of 91.

She has admitted that she has never been on a date or even been kissed but she was too shy to discuss her spinster lifestyle on CBS.

Aaah, no comment. I don’t want to talk about that.

Sawyer asked Susan what she would do with the prize money if she won, but she replied:

Well, it’s just baby steps at the moment, we shall see how things progress.

Susan wouldn’t rule out having a makeover as part of Britain’s Got Talent, telling Sawyer:

You’ll have to watch the programme and find out.

But she did admit there would be no repeat of the dance steps she showed off on Saturday.

That’s it. Let’s try and keep it ladylike.

Susan suffered a mild form of brain damage at birth and she admitted to Sawyer that she was bullied when she was younger.

They did a bit, but they always do that with someone who is quiet and I tended to be quiet at school. Well, they have turned around. They are nice to me now, so we will move on from there.

Susan said her friends and family were “gobsmacked” by her success. And when Sawyer asked what she would say to her late parents if she could, she replied:

I would like to say thank you for supporting me over the years, thank you for looking after me and I hope I can make you proud.

She added:

I went on the audition to see how far I could get but the standard is very high. You need a lot of hard work and perseverance to make it.

I think there is room for improvement though.

====================
Susan Boyle got a brand new do
Susan Boyle: 12 y/o competitor Shaheen Jafargholi

Susan Boyle: UK Times interview (4-19)
Susan Boyle: “I Dreamed a Dream“ (Les Miserables)
Judges (not Simon) apologize to Ms Boyle on The Early Show
Susan Boyle: Daily Record interview
Susan Boyle: “Cry Me a River” (First recording - charity CD)
Susan Boyle: “I Don’t Know How To Love Him” (Jesus Christ Superstar -1986)
Susan Boyle quitting Britain’s Got Talent?
Susan Boyle: video interview: UK Telegraph
Susan Boyle: Simon Cowell weighs in

No comments: