Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gov Sanford = adulterer


Timeline of absence
Gov Sanford emerges from the woods
Gov Sanford’s written mea culpa
Gov Sanford takes staff off the hook

June 24, 2009

What can one possibly say about these pigs?

Somehow I was hoping for the sake of his wife and children that the not-Appalachian Trail-hiking governor was in the midst of mania from undiagnosed bipolar disorder and it ends up – as always – to be an itchy sticky wicket – this case needing scratching in Argentina.

Him aside, what do these women think about the politician’s children as they’re getting busy? Do they care at all?

And what about his security staff? They had to have known.

Yes. It was the mea culpa press conference from Gov Sanford sans cheated on wife.

He was a coward and started by talking about the Appalachian Trail and how “one desperately needs a break from the public”. Yes, it’s called home life. That the legislative session “on an emotional level he found it exhausting” and that he “tried to make as agood a stand as he could”. And then he admitted he lied to Gina Smith the reporter from TheState.com who talked to him on his arrival.

Let me first apologize to my wife and my four boys…for letting them down…staff…people of South Carolina…good friends…parents in law…God…people of faith…

One of the primary roles well before being a governor is being a father to those four boy, who are absolute jewels and blessings that I have let down in a profound way and I apologize to them.

And they will remember where he was and what he chose to do on Father’s Day instead of being with them for the rest of their lives.

Bottom line is this: I have been unfaithful to my wife. I developed a relationship which started as a dear, dear friend from Argentina. (eight years ago – “sparked” a year ago 3 times since the sparking – discovered 5 months ago) It began innocently…last year developed in the last year…I hurt her (the adultress) …I apologize.

I would ask for a zone of privacy – if not for me, then for her and the boys.

I’m asking for forgiveness.

I’m resigning as chairman of the Republican Governors Association…appropriate…time.

Did his family know?

Yeah…we’ve been working through this for the last five months.

And then the requisite tears. All that was missing was the “I have sinned!”

First time unfaithful? Yes.

Alone in Argentina? Obviously not.

What I did was wrong. Period. End of story.

Dissertation of faith…and heart and other crap.

This was selfishness on my part, and for that I am most apologetic.

Couldn’t take his staff off the hook.

The staff deducted they went on the original information that I told Mary O’Neil.

Denies having them cover up.

Are you going to resign?

Walked away.

No comments: