Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gov Sanford to reimburse taxpayers for initial Argentina trip

June 25, 2009

Seems the not so good gov went back for the anniversary of his affair. A year ago he made a trade mission (June 21-28) with the Commerce Department to Argentina and Brazil. He admits on the trip he hooked up with Maria his adultress and that although the trip on the surface looked legit he’s going to reimburse taxpayers for his time in Argentina. Better not be with his joint marriage funds.

As noted by the Department of Commerce, I attended a trade mission with the Department of Commerce last June. As the agenda notes, the mission was spent meeting with government and private business officials in both Brazil and Argentina. This trip was handled very professionally by the Department of Commerce, and I’m proud of their work there.

However, while the purpose of this trip was an entirely professional and appropriate business development trip, I made a mistake while I was there in meeting with the woman who I was unfaithful to my wife with. That has raised some very legitimate concerns and questions, and as such I am going to reimburse the state for the full cost of the Argentina leg of this trip.

Source: CNN

Timeline of absence
Gov Sanford emerges from the woods
Gov Sanford = adulterer
Gov Sanford takes staff off the hook
Gov Sanford’s written mea culpa

No comments: