Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pinella re: Soto: “It’s a non-issue as far as I’m concerned”

June 26, 2009

Lou Pinella comments on Geovany Soto’s positive drug test for marijuana back in March during the World Baseball Classic. Soto has apologized and neither MLB nor the Cubs are going to sanction him. His penalty was a 2-year suspension from international play. It happened before the season, Soto was representing Team Puerto Rico and ost of all, he didn’t test positive for performance-enhancing drugs. Spliffs aren’t exactly the way to improve hand-eye coordination, or in Bradley’s case, remember how many outs there are.

LOU PINELLA:

I have smoked dope one time in my life, and it didn’t do a damn thing for me, ok? And I never tried it again. And I’m fortunate because of that. I do know that young people make mistakes at times, and they learn from mistakes. I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life, personally, and I’ve learned from them. So how am I gonna — I read his comment. He knows what he did is wrong. And now he said he was embarrassed and sorry about it and it’s over with. It’s a non-issue as far as I’m concerned.

No comments: