Thursday, July 30, 2009

LaTroy Hawkins’ mouth does it again


July 28, 2009

Well, Cubfans, don’t you think Hawkins should ask for a transfer back to the AL?

He couldn’t keep his mouth shut when he arrived her with his ‘don’t expect me to talk to the media’ and then last night – after he pist off an umpire, Mike Everitt, who already had a headache from taking one on the chin – and got ejected he said:

HAWKINS: I thought it was a strike. And I told him, ‘Come on, I need that pitch. He don’t need any help.’ He said, ‘Knock it off.’ I waved him off and he threw me out of the game. Maybe he was having a bad day. I thought he had determined who he wanted to win the game anyway.

And that was after he had 5 innings to chill out. After having all night and all day to think about it a Houston reporter asked if he regretted it.

HAWKINS: Why would I? I have my own opinion, and he had his opinion. He thought I was showing him up. I saw [Alex Rodriguez] do way worse [when I was in the American League]. He undressed the umpire. Whatever he said, it was in his face. It’s America, dude.

It’s gonna be your paycheck, dude.

Have to say he is the only pitcher I have seen strike out the side with 9 pitches. Now if he could have that kind of control over his lips…

He was put on the 15-day disabled list because of shingles (back).

No comments: