Friday, March 28, 2008

Quote of the day: "The Clinton women - they're tough"

March 28, 2008
Morning Joe discussion of Obama's appearance on The View and HRC's calling for Democrats to unite against McCain.

Video clip courtesy of Teamsugar. It shows Obama discussing Rev Wright.
WALTERS: Were he (wright) still there, would you then have left the church or have said I just can't have anything to do with him?

OBAMA: Had the reverend not retired, and had he not acknowledged that what he had said had deeply offended people and were inappropriate and mischaracterized what I believe is the greatness of this country, for all its flaws, then I wouldn't have felt comfortable staying there at the church.

GEIST: ...not one or two isolated incidents - there is a pattern there. Again he's answering the question the same way he's always answered it.

SCARBOROUGH: Andrea Mitchell came out with a report that the church bulletins were attacking Italians Americans and Jewish Americans. This wright guy did not seem to be a uniter. He was not a guy that preached hope and so there is a disconnect.

SCARBOROUGH:...he (wright) did a eulogy of somebody and even in the eulogy just went on this anti-American tirade again...Hillary Clinton, like Barack Obama, saying the Democratic Party needs to come together
GESIT: Yeah she went out on the stump yesterday and said look you can vote for me or you can vote for Obama -- I'd rather you vote for me - but you sure as hell can't vote for John McCain.
And then a clip of HRC stumping in Fayetteville, North Carolina telling people in no uncertain terms they have to vote Democrat. She was rocking. Check her out.
HRC: Please think through this decision. It is not a wise decision for yourself or your country. She laughs and crowd laughs and applauds. You know, Senator Obama has intense support, I have intense support and that's exciting because people want to be involved. But the differences, and there are, in my view, significant differences between Senator Obama and myself, but those differences pale in comparison to the differences between us and Senator McCain.

***
SCARBOROUGH: I think my girlfriend did very well yesterday. I like that tone.

GEIST to Savannah Guthrie: Yes. You missed this Savannah - he's got a new thing with Hillary Clinton. He's in love.

SCARBOROUGH: I've got a crush on Chelsea and Hillary - the Clinton women - they're tough. They are tough. Some people would be disturbed by it. I just - I like toughness. In a society where most men are wimps - here we have Hillary Clinton who's tough as nails. And it looks like Chelsea is too.
And barry? Limped home after winning 11-in-1-row and needed to be anointed the nominee.

No comments: