Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Interview with new barry replacement appointee, Roland Burris

December 30, 2008

NBC 5 News Chicago = Roland Burris interview with Alex Perez.

PEREZ: Do you understand the controversy behind your appointment?

BURRIS: I separate it. The governor has his problem. I understand it. Perhaps he has some serious problems. That has nothing to do with Roland Burris. I have no problem with going to US Senate and doing a job for the people - not only of Illinois - right now the nations needs someone with Roland Burris' talent and skills.

PEREZ: Sen Dick Durbin already said that all 50 senators have said that they would not seat the appointment made by Governor Blagojevich. When you hear that...what do you say?

BURRIS: I will say to them - and I think they better check the law -that what the governor has done is constitutional [smile]and legal. I respect the president [elect] but he does not have the authority.[smile]

PEREZ: What about the allegations against Blagojevich? You can't ignore them.

BURRIS: I can ignore them. Why not? They don't impact me. He has to get whatever is coming to him from the court of law and not from...public opinion.

PEREZ: So how hard is it going to make your job if walking into it says we don't want you Mr Burris?

BURRIS: That's their problem. [Smiling] That's not my problem.

Haha. Why not? He's gets a lot of publicity and has nothing to lose. I wonder what he thinks about barry and the fact that barry never paid his dues while taking credit for legislation he did not work for - Ricky Hendon's videotaped interrogation law comes to mind. And I wonder how Burris felt about barry throwing Revs Wright and Jackson under the bus. And Bobby Rush has never exactly been a fan of barry's.

Burris is a veteran politician who knows how to play the angles and still look like sweet grandpops. Not so for Emil Jones, who was still in hot rod's corner last week. I wonder if he still is behind him now that Burris got the appointment...

No comments: