Friday, September 19, 2008

Sexist quote of the day: "She's cute"

9-18-08
CNBC President Clinton interviewed by Maria Bartiromo about Palin.

PRESIDENT CLINTON:
"She is an instinctively effective candidate with a compelling story. And I think it was exciting to some that she was a woman, that she is from Alaska.”

"I think that you know, I disagree with them on many issues and that’s why aside from my party affiliation I would be for Obama and Biden anyway. But I get why she has done so well. It would be a mistake to underestimate her. She has got — her intuitive skills are significant.”


Meanwhile, in Charlotte, NC...
The crowd warming up and chanting "No Palin." before Mrs. Obama's introduced. They have her sitting down with a twin set on. It's all theater. Can't dress up her voice, facial expression or dismissive gestures.

MRS OBAMA: "People shouldn't make a decision this time based on 'I like that guy' or, ya know, (points, leans forward and nods head), 'uh, she's cute'. Shakes her head and grasps her hands. "Uhm, ya know, this isn't" Shakes her head and smiles. Looks around nervously.

Crowd laughs. Reference clear. Mrs laughs, points at herself, and says, "And I'm talking about me." Fake laugh and crowd laughs and claps.

Kind of reminds me of the dis on Hillary as not being able to handle her own house. I'll look for video and post below.

No comments: